Good morning all,
It doesn't just seem strange on this morning absent of worship and fellowship with you guys, it is strange. I miss the Connection which we have seldom had to sacrifice and pray for God's grace during this time of separation.
While we may not fully admit the fear and anxiety the Coronavirus pandemic has had upon us, it is nonetheless a normal response to the information most have received over these past several weeks.
How do we turn from fear? I want to suggest that we all try the simplicity of practical theology found in Proverbs 3:3-5 - Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him and he will direct your paths.
We have long encouraged one another with this simple statement here at Life Community Church - Trust God With You. Now, perhaps more than ever, those four word are prescriptive when it comes to overcoming fear and anxiety.
Your heart is the executive center of your life. It is, among others things, the place where your thoughts, emotions, and desires connect. To acknowledge our Creator during times like these doesn't show weakness on our part, rather it shows trust in the strength of our God. The result then is that the path of fear and anxiety is eased, and ultimately it is made straight.
Justin Whitmel Earley whom I have mentioned often in my messages @ LCC, said this past week - "We are living in an unprecedented day....everything about your daily rhythms is now disrupted and like it or not you are rapidly forming new rhythms." Early has posted on his website a Habit of Hope for a Moment of Fear. I want to challenge all of us to go there now. Google - Justin Whitmel Earley - Spiritual Rhythms for Quarantine and download an awesome tool to overcome the fear and anxiety this pandemic carries.
Even if you have not admitted to fear and anxiety, my guess is that it lingers somewhere within all of us. The Coronavirus can kill more than our physical bodies, ask the families of those who have lost loved ones to this disease.
I believe we'll find our answers inside of our spiritual relationship with the God who is deeply in love with every one of us. If you haven't already, begin today to bring God into the equation of life in the midst of quarantine.
Take Courage, Trust God,
Prayers for Today and Tomorrow:
* Pray that God would calm fears and that his people would be reminded we have a different identity, one of boldness not fear.
* Pray with researchers and biologist as they work to develop a vaccine
* Pray for first responders around the world who are tasked with triaging, testing, and treating patients. Ask God to give them wisdom and understanding.
* Pray for those who have or will have their jobs lost here in Mt. Pleasant, that Life Community would reach out to those who are in need and help them financially and spiritually.
* Pray for our National, State and Local leaders tasked with the responsibility of fulfilling their calling to lead us
* Pray that we as followers of Jesus will show compassion through action as opportunities present themselves in our area of influence.
* Pray for those who have yet to take the Coronavirus seriously so that they too may become a part of the solution by flattening the curve of this disease.